Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Striata...or not??

Posted By: Dave Guest <d.s.guest@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 7 September 1999, at 12:59 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Striata...or not?? (Michael Ophir)

Hi Mike and thanks for the reply!

The store I bought them from had botia helodes as well and these are different to those, they are less elongate for starters. They don't seem to be showing any signs of aggression and they weren't in the store either (they were all sat huddled up under a piece of bogwood). I'll have a good look when I get home in an hour or two. From memory I can't remember whether the body colour is light yellowish gray with dark greenish brown stripes or vice versa. There's no blue in their colouration though, just dark greeny brown and that sandy yellowish kind of gray colour... ever notice how difficult it is to describe the colour of a loach? I'm having difficulty here :) I'm thinking they're a little too greenish for striatas. I'll post something more informative later this evening.

Dave

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer</