Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Attention: CalamariGirl.

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@gte.net>
Date: Wednesday, 2 September 1998, at 1:18 a.m.

Could you please share more about your planted tank with sand? If not on the Board, then by e-mail? Is it just sand, or do you have additatives in your substrate? What type of plants do you have as well as fish in this arrangement. Please "bore me" with the details! I'm very interested in hearing more. It could help the direction I'll take with my tank now that I have a chance to do something different. (Moved from Washington State to Texas and just recently set up my 80 gal again. Flew down with my fish in 2 - 5 gal buckets on the airline, and had a good-hearted soul waiting at the airport to babysit them until I got things up and running again). I'd like to do something with plants and sand without substrate addititives. I wonder if Cryptocoryne would do well in this arrangement (in the sand alone) with Java Fern and Java Moss on rocks and driftwood? Your thoughts?

Joe Loach

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg