Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Agressive Clown Loaches

Posted By: Robert <tke398@home.com>
Date: Saturday, 11 September 1999, at 4:52 p.m.

In Response To: Agressive Clown Loaches (BB)

Thank you for your insights!! In reponse to your question, the pleco was the only other fish that ate cucumbers and it could have been done to deter him from eating.

As far as the type of pleco, I have no idea. I know it wasn't a royal pleco or bristlenose, just looks like you standard everyday type of pleco.

The pleco was introduced into the tank after the clowns were already there for about 6 months. They have been together for about three months.

In the past, I usually noticed the clowns attacking fish, but never saw if it was the clowns that provoked it. This was the first time I saw the clowns provoke another fish. I placed a piece of veggie into the tank to distract them, but when I woke, he was dead. It just seemed that the pleco could not swim away fast enough from the clowns and had nowhere to hide. I also thought the plecos hard exterior would protect him.

Messages In This Thread