Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

The wonderful world of Botias

Posted By: Thomas b waltzek <waltzek@neuro.fsu.edu>
Date: Thursday, 3 September 1998, at 1:22 p.m.

Got a little story to tell...

Once upon a time-yesterday to be exact I traveled to the university of Florida to pick up several sources that the FSU libraries did not own (interlibrary loans were taking to long=loach info). Now as you may have been keeping track we in the wonderful panhandle of Florida have recently had a little bad weather (of the hurricane, thunderstorm, tornado variety). But I don't own a TV and my roomate and I are both busy scientists. So, I decided to take a little road trip yesterday to the home of the loser gators (seminoles archrivals) figuring from the last that I heard the hurricane had died down to some degree. Besides, nothing gets between me and new Botia species (I know I need to get a grip)! Anyway, drive down was uneventful