Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Questions not answers:)

Posted By: Niels Sampath <niels@lofgren.demon.co.uk>
Date: Monday, 13 September 1999, at 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Questions not answers:) (BB)

BB wrote: The reason I had asked about the fin coloration was a thought I had. Seems that the absence or presence of black in the pelvic fins can indicate one of two populations of clown loaches. One is said to grow larger (perhaps faster also)in the confines of an aquarium. Then again the six I have now grow at different rates and they are the same. I'm just curious if yours are all the same as well. I would guess so if they came from the same store but it can not hurt to ask.

response: Yes they all have the same pelvic finnage.... tho all 4 are from different shops. I find when I buy more than one from a shop...even after specifically asking only for `fattish' (i.e. non-wasting) ones after the first fish the LFS kid fish catchers start catching have runts and get a bit snarky if I say `no, not that one'. Of course then they have to ask me if I have other clowns since they've been told not to sell single ones! But perhaps thats a good sign for a LFS. Thats with clowns anyway...if it something rarer like sidthimunki I can't be too picky.

Niels

Messages In This Thread