Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Sid Viscious!

Posted By: Dave Guest <d.s.guest@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 14 September 1999, at 5:50 a.m.

I've got the world's most agressive botia sidthimunkis! These guys are like less than an inch long and they're terrorizing their tank mates. Those are 2 3.5" HFLs, 2 2.5" characidium, and 4 1" black phantom tetras. The sids are like a pack of wolves, like those killer clowns in the thread down below.

I thought these guys were supposed to be peaceful? I had 6 about 5 years ago and they never even came as far as the front glass, always shoaled along the back and went into hiding whenever anything went near them.

My 5 new sids are temporarily being housed in my well established 2 foot tank at my folks house while my new 4 foot finishes cycling. I called there yesterday evening to see if they were OK, expecting to have to sit there for hours until I could confirm that all 5 had survived their first day at home... How wrong I was! I walked in, turned on the lights and within a couple of minutes all hell was breaking loose! Must be the frozen bloodworm I gave them Sunday evening and the abundance of thick green algae on the rocks but I'd swear they've doubled in girth in the 24 hours I've had them! I'm quite looking forward to getting them in the four foot tank. I might even go and get another 5 because these seem to be from solid stock.

Dave

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with