Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

black kuhli loach with 1 eye

Posted By: stephen <sparent@ahmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 16 September 1999, at 12:32 a.m.

I picked up from some black cuhli loachs for $.99 from one of those not so famus chain pet stores. I figured with a price like that how could I go wrong. Well for starters, the 16 year old cleark did not know how to catch a fish to save her life. I should have asked her if I could catch them myself, but I didn't. Anyway she eventually scooped up 3 of them and baged them. But in the process she scraped off one of the eyes of one kuhli. This kuhli will swim in all sorts of spastic directions at once when spooked. I know that most fish with one eye trouble will usually swim in a circle favoring the good eye. Will the kuhli eventually lean to do that? I am guessing that it has