Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Hurricane Floyd

Posted By: Nancy <naboden@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 17 September 1999, at 10:48 a.m.

I now have first hand experience at having to leave my fish unattended with no electricity. It is not something that I care to repeat, although eveyone is fine. We had to evacuate James Island (Charleston, SC)Wednesday morning, and couldn't return until yesterday, still with no electricity. The fish were actually without any airation for about 20 hours, and I will have to admit, I was afraid to come in the house and check on them. I was afraid that I would find my babies floating, but I didn't loose a single fish. As near as I could tell in dark tanks, they didn't even appear stressed. I started the battery air pumps, and poured water over the bio-wheels about every hour. I'm now watching for signs of ich, because of temperature changes, but so far so good. I hope no one ever has to deal with this problem, but I thought i