Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Colour Changes/Fish Behaviour

Posted By: Jaynr <LoachLady@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 18 September 1999, at 8:58 p.m.

I added some new gravel today, a light brown/tan mix, not that different from the color of the golden dojo. Since I got the 50 gallon I had planned on helping a friend start their tank, so I didn't buy more thinking I would give them some of my old and get some new to replace it... Well the colour change has affected the fish's behaviour. My golden dojo's seem really comfortable on the new gravel, but my normal ones are hiding out in the other side of the tank. I have incandecent light on one side and tubes on the other and they hung out on the shadier side. I had a similar experience when I added some white sand, the fish wouldn't go anywhere near it until I mixed it up a little. Anyone else notice similar behavior?