Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Weather Loach or not?

Posted By: Jim <jdebonis@the-pentagon.com>
Date: Monday, 20 September 1999, at 2:59 p.m.

The Loach I bought today is approx. three inches long, pure white (no trace of any other color), he has dark brown(almost black) eyes, with a narrow red ring around outside of eyes. The shopkeepers son says it is NOT a weather loach. His dad swears it is, although baffled by the absence of typical markings. His tailfin is split and has 3 sets of barbels around his mouth. He is currently playing around with my botia dario, botia lohachata, and a couple of kuhlis under a rock. Is he......or is he not a weather loach? The pictures I have seen online show them being shorter and fatter and this guy is 3 inches long and very slender. Any ideas? I bought him anyway cuz' he's cool looking.

Messages In This Thread