Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

What is "glancing?"

Posted By: Cinder <lhughes@prodigy.net>
Date: Sunday, 6 September 1998, at 2:36 a.m.

Someone, I think it was Thomas, mentioned a fish of theirs doing this recently & I think 1 of my new B. histrionica is doing it. I've had them a little more than a week now, & they are all approx. 1.75".

This fish is sort of flicking its body against things. I've only see it do it a couple of times, sort of in a series of 2 or 3 times. It does it while it is out foraging. It doesnt rub its body against things, just this quick flicking. Is this glancing?

More importantly, is this a sign of oncoming ich or other disease? The tank temp is 81, no ammonia, no nitrIte, pH 6.8, lots of live plants. It initially had some salt, as I keep about 1 tablespoon per 5 g, but I went and added a bit more tonite.

I'd appreciate any advice here, if there is any chance I can