|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (1)
Posted By: Ed Averill <firstname.lastname@example.org> In Response To: Algae (kiss my fish)
Date: Wednesday, 29 September 1999, at 12:52 a.m.
In Response To: Algae (kiss my fish)
You might want to check the nitrate level in your tank. Excess nitrates will promote a nice, healthy algae growth (urm, unless that's not what you want). As recommended in other responses, also check the amount of time you're leaving your light on for, anything over about 14 hours will certainly make the algae happy.
A little is not a bad thing, I clean my tank front and sides and let the stuff grow on the back - my clowns like to nibble some fresh greens on occasion, and who am I to stop 'em? This also means I can watch my loaches without wondering why they've all turned green...
I've tried the phos-zorb thing, it seemed to make very little difference for me but my problem turned out to be nitrates (just upped the quantity I changed every week, and poof! Less algae).
Good luck with your problem, I suspect its quite solvable!
Messages In This Thread
|View Thread | Return to Index ||