Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

My Loaches

Posted By: Dan Martin <padan@glen-net.ca>
Date: Thursday, 19 February 1998, at 1:39 a.m.

I only started keeping fish about 3 months ago, I started with all kinds of tetras, but after a couple of weeks I notice that my tank's floor was always getting dirty, so I went out to find me a couple of bottom feeders. I walk into a pet store and found these weird looking fish, didn't know what they where just that they where great a cleaning tanks. I later found that I had weather loaches but found it weird that they didn't have spots. A week ago I got my self a 33g tank and dropped them in. My loaches went from a boring gray to a really nice gold with black spots. Anyway I finally got to see why they are called weather loaches, last night before going to bed I notice that they were really going bananas in my tank didn't know why but it was funny as hell...When I woke up this morning I found a good 3 inchs of snow out side pretty cool I finally got to see what they do befor