Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

HELP! Sick weather loach!!!

Posted By: loach lover <pamelasr@earthlink.net>
Date: Friday, 1 October 1999, at 3:53 p.m.

Have a small (3.5 inches) golden weather loach (Baby) that has been acting different the past few days, hanging out in plants, not eating like usual. I attributed this to the modesta (temporary tank companion) being very territoral and Baby trying to stay out of his way. This morning I noticed a small part of Baby's dorsal fin was missing, he now has a white patch on him close to the head and going down his side 1/4 inch wide and 3/4 inch long. Looks much like we do when we have had our hands in water for too long and are water logged. This area is not fluffy or fuzzy looking. I immediately transfered him to a hospital tank with salt about 1 tblsp per 5 gallons of water. What else should I do???