Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

U.V. Sterilizers and Freshwater tanks?

Posted By: Fishface_Jr <Fishface_Jr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 3 October 1999, at 10:21 p.m.

Since there is such a large death toll when a disease is brought into a tank, I was wondering if a U.V. Sterilizer would help in preventing a disease. If I did get one, what watt would I need? They go from 4 watts to over 50 watts, so what would I need for a 55 gallon tank? I know that these work because that is what most fish stores use for filtration is a central filter system that filters out all the tanks and goes through U.V. lights to disinfect the water to stop any disease spread from any one tank. By the way in my tank no more fish have died, and things seem to be getting a little bit better. I'll do a water change after school tomorrow and add the coppersafe and salt back into the changed water.

Fishface_Jr