Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Big Blue...day four

Posted By: loach lover <pamelasr@earthlink.net>
Date: Thursday, 7 October 1999, at 10:23 a.m.

He is still in the world of the living, though he doesn't wander out from his cave (this has been his usual behavior). I think he is growing rapidly tired of my prying eyes looking at him all the time(though I have kept the tank covered most of the time which I thought would decrease his stress level, he seems to have such good eye sight)! Last night, I placed a plant at the entrance of his cave so he could have a little more privacy, he seems to like that. Now, this is something I had thought about for some time, should I get him a buddy of his own kind??? There is a modesta at the lfs that has been there forever, and really needs to be rescued! Are they happier with one of their own, or do they become more aggressive in numbers? I would certainly wait a bit before getting it since he has had enough to cope with lately! Again TIA, Pa