Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Loach questions

Posted By: Pseudotropheus <pyro@bway.net>
Date: Thursday, 7 October 1999, at 5:08 p.m.

I recently purchased 2 clown loaches 9cm. They are indeed fun and escape my African Cichlids quite well. The problem I am having (if I am actually having a problem) is that they do not seem to feed much. I am feeding them brine pellets and sinking cichlid pellets. They are a rather nervous lot and the Africans tend to gulp the pellets before they can consume much. I see them 'licking' the plants, walls and gravel, but I keep a rather clean tank and there is not much detritus they can feed on. Will they starve? I would like to get one more but I am testing to see if they can tolerate the water the Malawians need. (Ph 7.8 GH 6, 80oF.) I am sure the Ph is stressing them a bit. It has been 3 weeks however... If they are still nervous and active after 5 weeks I will then happily maintain a threesome! (I ha