Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Moving....need ideas.

Posted By: Fishface_Jr <Fishface_Jr@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 9 October 1999, at 3:31 p.m.

I am moving in a few months. I realize this is a long time, but I would like to be ready. My dad and I are planning to purchase a couple tanks to get going over there and to finish cycling so that we don't run into that problem like what happened to my dad's fish when we moved last time. I am wondering on the best way to transport the fish. It is only about a 4 to 5 hour drive, so I was wondering if it would work to get a few battery operated air pumps and to put the fish in several styrophome bait containers. I would then put those containers in a cooler to keep them at the same temperature. Would this be an okay way to get them to my new home or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Fishface_Jr

Messages In This Thread