Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

New purchases

Posted By: Dave Guest (on a borrowed PC)
Date: Saturday, 9 October 1999, at 5:20 p.m.

Howdy folks,

Today I bought 4 "banded mountain loaches" which are some kind of nemachelus/shistura species that I haven't identified yet. 3 are of one species and have a kind of reticulated pattern similar to acanthacobitis (sp?) botia and are about 4cm long. The other 1 is striped similar to a kuhli and has the same orangeish coloration and is also about 4cm.

I was hoping to get more of the striped orange "odd-balls" which I saw first a fortnight ago at the LFS but now they're on their third batch and this time there was only a single orange colored loach amongst the reticulated ones. They're good sellers though so if I go back every week I'm pretty sure of getting anohter couple of the orange ones.

Anyway, better go, its Saturday night and I've got visitors! See y'all monday.

Dave