Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Yo-yo - Rostrata, am i back at square one?

Posted By: Per Gustafsson
Date: Monday, 11 October 1999, at 4:13 a.m.

Two days ago i set out to get a third yo-yo since I've come to understand 3+ is a good number to keep for most loach species.

As it turned out it seems i ended up with a Rostrata (see Previous post, link below). The new fella seems happy enuf, not shy or anything, and he and small yo-yo are taking turns beeing chased a few laps around the tank by big fat yo-yo every now and then (nothing like constant agression though).

Now I wonder if I'm back at square one as far giving my loaches a better social life, or do yo-yos and rostrata treat each other as the same species? Any experiences? And yes I've checked the archive but not every reply of every thread, so I'm sorry if I missed any previous posts about this.

At least the rostrata must be pretty used to yo-yos since he's spent at least a month in a tank with 15+ yo-yos at the lfs. (Yes som