Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Aggression

Posted By: Loay AbdelKarim <laakarim@megsinet.net>
Date: Monday, 11 October 1999, at 5:34 p.m.

Hi; thanks very much for this site. I have just been bitten by the loach bug and would like to ask for advice. I bought my first loach labeled a "Glitter" loach at the LFS as a cure for snails. First night he jumped and I found him a good two hours later while trying to track down a faint buzzing sound coming from the floor beneath the tank. He (I presumed) has not jumped since but has been banished to the spare tank as he is so very aggressive towards my leopard cory. ( he will only let them sit in the leaves of the plants but not resting on the substrate. I assume he is a hymenphasia but he is grey not green or yellow and the strips do not reach his belly. I went back and bought two more "Glitter" loaches as company and got a totally different fish. They are much smaller and marked llke yoyos but