Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Parabotia Lijiangensis

Posted By: Nancy <naboden@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 9 September 1998, at 10:15 a.m.

Do we have any information about these guys, such as aggression,etc.? I'm pretty sure that's what I saw yesterday. I'm now known at the best fish store here as the loach lady and the manager always tells me when he has gotten something unusual in. He also has the scientific name written down for me, because he knows I'm going to ask. Anyway, he couldn't wait to show me the latest, and I think he was disappointed when I didn't immediately buy them. I told him I wanted to research them first, before I put them in with my other fish. Now, unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to write the name down, but after looking at the pictures, I think that's it. The common name he had on it was Golden Banded. They were about 3-4 inches long and seemed pretty shy, but they were not cheep. Thanks for any information y