Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Odd Clown Behavior

Posted By: Ed Averill <eaverill@rabidgames.com>
Date: Friday, 15 October 1999, at 1:52 p.m.

I observed something interesting last night and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. As I sat in front of my loach tank, I noticed that all eight clowns were out & about chasing flake food (they're getting pretty brave, they even come up to the top for flakes - they ignore the shrimp pellets until later). I noticed my largest loach, "Boss Loach", had an entourage of about three partners - the next three largest clowns in the tank. They _looked_ as if they were chasing Boss around, something I haven't observed happening before (Boss is a pretty big loach compared to the rest). This went on for about, oh, ten minutes and culminated in Boss and Avis (he's the #2 loach in the tank) swimming stomach to stomach for a short while, then disappearing into the "Loach Cav