Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Keeping the Children Warm

Posted By: Jayne <LoachLady@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 16 October 1999, at 6:25 a.m.

We had a little adventure this week. The gentlemen who were trimming trees in the neighborhood knocked out the power for about 5 hours. It wasn't cold for here, in the 50's but I lit a fire in the wood stove to keep the babies warm. We are going to have to take it out though, at least for a couple of weeks til we figure out how to make the insurance company happy with our installation. Not to mention the fact that the stove has been in place for 20 years and never had a problem. We bought the house from my mother in laws estate, new insurance and we are in trouble. Anyway, isn't it typical for a loach mom to not worry about being cold herself, but to light a fire to keep the children from freezing? No wonder my family says I'm obsessed. What do you guys do when you lose power? I am