Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Dragon Loach

Posted By: Jim <kellin_13@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 22 October 1999, at 7:15 a.m.

I have a 40 gallon aquarium set up in my room at my parents house. I travel frequently on business and I don't spend much time at home. I recently came back after being away for 4 days and I found a new inhabitant in my aquarium. My mom found it at one of the local pet stores and they said it was a Dragon Loach.

The fish is approximately 8 inches long, it has a large head that is about an inch long with an up turned mouth. The pectoral fins are directly aft of the skull, it has only 1 ventral fin, the dorsal and anal fins both start about one third of the length of the fish from the head. Both the dorsal and anal fins are symmetrical. The tail fin is eliptical. The main colour of the fish is a light purple/blue, the pectoral and ventral fins are clear white, and the dorsal, anal, and tail fin are all transparent yellow.