Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Dario

Posted By: Vicky <toewee@sat.net>
Date: Saturday, 23 October 1999, at 11:19 a.m.

About 6 weeks ago I rescued a dario from Walmart. I had been watching him for weeks. He was all alone and in a tank with assorted juvenile cichlids and sharks. Not one hiding place and as overstocked as a tank could be. He looked just miserable. He was very very thin but I brought him home anyway. It has been six weeks and he is still very slender. He doesn't act ill. He eats well but still stays in his corner most of the time in a large plant. He has been making more forays into the open in the last couple of weeks but I'm still worried about his thinness. I've thought of parasites but he isn't getting thinner, just not getting rounded. I've checked the pic in the species section and that dario looks more filled out like my striatas. I want my dario to look like that. Also my dario's (maybe not?) stripes don't taper to points at the belly like that one