Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Java Ferns are really really weird!

Posted By: Fishface_Jr <Fishface_Jr@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 29 October 1999, at 3:25 p.m.

All of a sudden one day my java fern starts sprouting little baby java ferns on it's leaves. As I looked closer I could see little green dots on the tips of the leaves. Since then, there are little tiny java ferns covering most of my leaves. Is this normal, or what? My dad has had one of these for about a month longer than me and his did nothing at all. Mine is that tri-leaf type java fern. Does anyone know why they would be doing this? Also: Can anyone reccommend any other plants they have had personal luck with? I don't have very good lighting so I would need plants that don't take too much lighting. Right now I have two different kinds of krypts, two sword type plants, and the java fern. Thanks for any help.

Fishface_Jr