Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

skunk loaches

Posted By: Thomas b waltzek <waltzek@neuro.fsu.edu>
Date: Monday, 21 September 1998, at 10:58 p.m.

Saw a beautiful shipment of skunk loaches today (this is either morleti or horae but Maurice Kottelat-the loach god-suggests they may be different species). This message is not to stir up debate on that subject (although any other supporting info would be cool-all my aquarium sources and other lit say they are the same) but rather to keep an eye out for these little beauties. When I first saw them I thought they were caudipunctata because of the 50 or so fish some had numerous caudal spots (but nothing like caudipunctata). The interesting thing is that all these little guys had 3-5 stripes down the side of the body (this is not strange except I've never seen a shipment in which nearly all the fish had such pronounced stripes). Anyway, had to bite my tongue when the pet store owner asked me if I needed any he