Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Loaches--more than 1?

Posted By: kathyh3 <kathyh3@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 5 March 1998, at 1:44 p.m.

Is it absolutely necessary to have more than one Clown per tank? I bought a pair about 2 months ago. They were doing fine until one died. When I found the one dead, the other one was sitting at his side trying to "wake" him. After this, the survivor refused to eat, even though I promptly replaced his tank-mate. The new loach is more aggressive and loves to eat. He's pals with my CAE. He pretty much ignored the other loach, who withered away and died on Sat. My question is--since the Clown I have now didn't really seem to care for or miss his tankmate is it ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to buy a new one? I've been having bad luck with them. The one that I still have is about 1 1/2" long, and robust.He swims with the CAE and the Mollies that he shares his 15gal. tank with. He also c