Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Can anyone ID this loach

Posted By: Stacy Williams <Paragon81@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 6 March 1998, at 6:11 p.m.

I purchased a loach at the store about 1 month ago, but I can't find a picture that looks anything like what I have. I got him to eat algea in my community aquarium (with guppy, molly, neons and catfish). It is about 4 inches, including whip-like tail, and very flat, his entire bottom looks like a sucker, and is pink (again about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide at mouth). His body color is dark brown with lighter spots from head to tail. He is very shy, and only comes out at night. He spends most of his time on the side of the tank and on objects like rocks and wood, not on the bottom. Can anyone tell me what it is? Also, is it ok to use salt in the tank with a loach? Thank you:)

Messages In This Thread</