Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

royal chinese clown loach

Posted By: BB <nettech@bellatlantic.com>
Date: Friday, 9 October 1998, at 1:07 a.m.

Hello everyone :) I am searching for any information on a loach sold as a royal chinese clown loach. I commited the big no - no in fish keeping last weekend. I saw it and on an impulse bought the only one the lfs had. The retailer/ owner could only tell me the supplier had gotten 6 in several weeks ago and they did not ship well. He also stated that the loach would only attain a size of 8" or so. Being no stranger to keeping botia and loaches (I care for no less then 20 species now) I did not see the any difficulties in maintaining this fish. This loach is currently being maintained in a 20 long I set-aside for new arrivals. The loach was week but is gaining strength each day. Soon I