Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Fungus and Bargain Loaches

Posted By: Amanda Welliver <amanda@stcar.com>
Date: Saturday, 10 October 1998, at 11:48 p.m.

I recently negotiated a great price on a 6+ inch clown because he'd been in the store for over two months and had a small chunk of his tail missing. Since joining my other clowns, he's become much more active and generally happy looking, but now has what looks to be fungus growing on the wounded portion of his tail.

Any sure-fire cures out there? I've treated with Nox-Ich, and now am treating the tank with Clout (which claims to cure fungus, but also claims to kill hydra and didn't make even a small dent in my hydra population.)

Thanks,

Amanda

P.S. I picked up 3 B. histronica on Friday for $1.89 each at PetSmart. They didn't know what they were and hadn't identified them yet, so they were selling them for the price of painted glassfish. Works for me!
 <