Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Yo-Yo Loach Bad Behavior Question

Posted By: JAR
Date: Sunday, 25 October 1998, at 12:58 p.m.

Hi, I have a three year old clown loach who is a gregarious fellow and seems happy with out the company of other loaches. Having read many times that loaches do better in groups, I purchased a yo-yo loach because it was the first time I'd seen one and it's a beautiful addition to my community tank.

This yo-yo however is a pain in the butt to all of the others - especially to my clown I think. The yo-yo swims along side the clown at jet speed (I assume the clown is trying to get away from him) and the yo-yo seems to be sucking the slime coat off the clown and the swords in the tank. Is this behavior normal? Am I correct to assume that he's stressing out the clown? I'm ready to take him back to my lfs. I've had him in the tank for about 4 months but his behavior keeps getting more and more aggressive it seems.

Thanks for any help.