Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Loach behaviour

Posted By: Angelica <orion@maxisp.com.au>
Date: Monday, 26 October 1998, at 12:25 p.m.

I was hoping for some opinions about my clown loaches. I have 5 clowns in a ~36 gallon community tank, which includes neons, guppies, algae eaters, black phantom and rummy nose tetras. Since the loaches were introduced, I have noticed that the guppies tails are nipped and split. They have been observed at times almost chasing other fish (no discrimination here), but its the guppies that appear to be suffering. I thought originally that the loaches must be hungry, but feeding them more has not made a significant difference. This behaviour occurs overnight, as I usually wake up to another guppy with a piece missing. Is this usual, and if so, how do I control this behaviour?

Messages In This Thread