Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

International update

Posted By: Cinder <lhughes@prodigy.net>
Date: Friday, 30 October 1998, at 2:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Wha? Revisited. (Cinder)

Well, I called & found out that you can bring back aquatic plants, but there can be difficulties. Apparently, Canada does not inspect "tropical" plants brought into the country because they do not have the habitat/climate to support their spread if they get "loose." This is a concern for the US & we do inspect.

You can bring back "legal" tropical aquatic plants (ones that the US does allow), but there is no guarantee that the inspector at the border will know the difference or even care. You run the risk that they will just be confiscated if they cannot be properly identified.

Thanks for the heads up, and I may still go & take my chances (legally), esp. when the day will include a visit to the Vancouver Aquarium & I havent been there in 7 or 8 yrs.

Cinder

Messages In This Thread