Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Does Anyone Here Have...

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@gte.net>
Date: Friday, 30 October 1998, at 8:25 p.m.

*Groups* of Tiger Botias in a community tank situation? One thing I've often wondered about is the behavior of this species in groups as opposed to a single individual. I know these fish can be terrible devils as individuals, but how about in a group? A group of devils, or more occupied with one another?

Cinder, you'll have to give a full report when you go to the Vancouver, B.C. Aquarium. I was up there years ago. Back then, I remember their SE Asian exhibit as a big disappointment. I mean, they had no Yo Yos and striatas...and I did! *HOWEVER,* they had Tigers, Skunks, and Orange Finned Botias in a community tank situation. I can't recall the non-botias specifically, but I remember you could