Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

How long do Kuhli's Live?

Posted By: Jack Rowland <heliodor@mindsping.com>
Date: Monday, 9 November 1998, at 9:41 p.m.

I purchased Kooly just before my daughter was born. That will be 15 years ago next march. The pet store guy said he thought he was wild caught and was probably around 3 years old when I got him. Anybody know how long these guys are supposed to live?

I originally had two, but the other one jumped out of the tank the first week. Kooly has been a happy loner ever sence. He shares the tank with a bunch of guppies, but no other loaches. Over the last fourteen years he's shared the tank with lots of other sorts of fish such as tetra, clown catfish, anglefish, and snails, even crayfish. He doesn't seem picky about his neighbors.

I've done nothing special to keep him alive, other than using soft water. He eats whatever goes under his rock. I don't even keep the tank particularly