Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Diseased Clown Loach

Posted By: Cheryl <cbabcoc9@nettaxi.com>
Date: Friday, 20 November 1998, at 6:50 p.m.

I recently purchased 2 small clown loaches and after 2 weeks in quarantine, put them in my 55-gallon tank with a 4" clown loach, a pearl gourami, 5" plecostomus, and small Corydora catfish. In less than a week, the two new clown loaches had developed white edges on their fins,very faint white patches on their bodies and their bottom lip appears swollen. It appeared to be a bacterial infection, so I treated with Maracyn twice and Maracyn Two once. One of the new loaches died yesterday, and the remaining new one still eats but definitely is still diseased.(I left the carbon in filter during these treatments because the box says to do that if it's over 5 days old.) I've decided to try something else, but what is safe for clown loaches?? All the other fish appear to be fine, except for one white patch the plecostomus had that disappeared