Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Keeping Clown Loaches Alive

Posted By: Michelle <michelle.pinegar@yellowcorp.com>
Date: Wednesday, 2 December 1998, at 5:06 p.m.

I wonder if someone could help me. Have only been keeping fish for about 2 1/2 years. Need to have clown loaches to consume my snail plague, plus I just plain like them. They are pretty and entertaining and peaceful. Out of the first 3 I bought only one lived. They just seemed to fade away. He grew quite large 3 or 4 inches, but stupid me bought a live plant from pet store and I guess I brought ich in with it. Cured him (I thought) with Rid Ich, but he faded away and died. I assume the Rid Ich killed him. I was very unhappy.

Recently bought 2 more small clowns. Put them in quarantine for 2 weeks. They were fine. Put them in my main tank and they came down with ich. Tried Rid Ich again cause I read on net others had used with loaches successfully. Cured ich but one lost all color and died. One loach lived but now is starting to stand on tail near surface which I have learned is a bad sign. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?! I've not had this kind of trouble with any other fish.

Messages In This Thread