Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Trading in Fish

Posted By: Jayne <jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 6 December 1998, at 9:53 p.m.

I finally decided that I was dumb to keep the "Hora's Loach" who "Hates everyone", and that keeping Pl*co's that have doubled in size in a month and will continue to grow is dumb. This is the hard one to admit to, I also traded 2 clowns. I bought 5 thinking I'd lose one or two and be fine, but 3 months later they have grown a lot and even when and if I go to a 20g 5 is way too many. Having a 5g and 10g, I needed to do something. Honestly, I would have given them to the people at my LFS, they are really nice, but they gave me 50% of what they would sell each fish for in trade. I was quite pleased. I am still going to have to move them to bigger quarters as they grow, but hopefully there will be more time before it becomes critical. So what experiences do you have with LFS people and trades? Jayne