Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Oh No, aggressive clown loach!

Posted By: Jay <jayhui@webspan.net>
Date: Monday, 30 March 1998, at 8:44 a.m.

Woke up sunday to watch the fish a little before I enter the daily grind, and witnessed something that I haven't seen in my two previous clown loaches. Seems like the new loach on the block is fighting with one of my previous clown loaches. It's scarry because the one loach (loach A) is near loach B, then A starts chasing B and if they are facing each other, often lock mouths and start to wrestle... Anybody notice this behavior, I don't know if this is just two males showing aggression (alpha and beta male) because it seems to leave the other loach alone (possibly female). its not constant and no physical harms seems to be done, but if this is not going to stop, then I am thinking about