Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Plecostomus

Posted By: Mark Lunn <marklunn@cwmail.com>
Date: Friday, 25 December 1998, at 3:31 p.m.

Hello all,

I have a sailfin plecostomus that has been with me for only a year but has got to be part of the family - no suprise. Last week I noticed it had a small tear in the skin just above the left pectoral fin this has since grown to be an area of missing skin - no apparent tank problems - no infections in any of the other inhabitants and no parasites. The fish seems to be okay in itself it is not sulking more than usual and not acting dopy or agitated. I have treated the tank with a general anti fungus but there semms to be no healing and in fact a small sore / skin loss area has appeared on the same side just above the pelvic fin ! I have checked out the tank decor to ensure no rough edges and it seems okay. Any suggestions to treatment please.

Mark