Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

dyed fish

Posted By: Jayne <jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 2 January 1999, at 2:44 p.m.

I want to encourage other fish keepers to let their LFS know that you don't approve of artificially colored fish. We, as regular customers are important to them and maybe if enough customers let it be known that they don't like it, the shop owners will consider not selling them. I know that a boycott when the shop is the only one for a zillion miles is impractical, but I also know customer opinions count. I have written basically the same thing on other boards and you will be proud to know, I have been called a tree hugger and a busy body and you know, what matters most to me is that these people at least read my post and it got a response. Beside, is there anything prettier than a kuhli swimming, or a clown floating? Why do we need to change these guys, they are beautiful as they are?