Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Apple Snails & Mozzarella

Posted By: Craig D'Orsay <craigd@attcanada.net>
Date: Saturday, 9 January 1999, at 10:38 p.m.

Hey everyone, something a little off the beaten path has been bugging me lately. I have a 5 gal tank (puddle?) that I had set up for fry, but lately its been empty, so I decided I'd buy some snails to breed 'n feed to the loaches.

Two apple snails, and three weeks later, I have a mess (clutch?) of eggs laid out of the water, on the heater tube. My question(s) relate to this: I've never had snails before, anyone know how long till the eggs hatch? Can they get wet? How long should I let them grow (once they hatch) before I toss them in to the Loach Motel? Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

The other thing is cheese. I've tossed a little bit of cheese into the main tank whenever I'm munching on it, and this is what I've noticed:

1) My