Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

While I think about the database, test the form first!

Posted By: Jeff Shafer - Webmaster <webmaster@aquaweb.pair.com>
Date: Wednesday, 13 January 1999, at 9:33 p.m.

OK, while I ponder how/if to do an online database, could everyone take a look at / test / criticize the online form for this ick project? With an eye towards making sure everything is on there that's important, and also suggest some possible default values for some fields that I've left blank (such as hardness, phosphates, light intensity, etc.), so people get an idea of what to put in the fields, and we get a standard format to be used. The link's at the bottom... Thanks!

(Unfortunately, AquaWeb is on a FreeBSD server, so no MIS Server to make an easy link between Access and the net) I'll talk to some friends who are more knowledgable then me, and see what options they suggest. I'm trying to figure out how to be able to make an online database than can be used offline on a home PC as well, since it would be so much easier to analyize that data there. (that way I wouldn't have to code sorting algorithms, etc!)

Thanks!

Jeff

Go to the Ick(y) form!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.