Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Mixed Messages on YoYo's

Posted By: Cid <foremcc@louisville.stortek.com>
Date: Thursday, 14 January 1999, at 1:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Mixed Messages on YoYo's (Craig D'Orsay)

Well, I'm obviously not the expert here, but I can tell you what the mix of fish is in the tank with our yoyo's currently. As I mentioned before, we have 6 clowns, 2-4", 5 yoyo's, 1.5-3", 4 penguins, 3 dwarf gourami, and a pair of mollies in a 44-gal. tank. There's lots of rock caves and wood with caves, and since the clowns were there first and are bigger, they seem to control that area. There's a clump of hygro that the penguins and gourami seem to favor, and so far, the penguins seem to be the most territorial of all the fish in there. At least they try to be, but the other fish don't seem to take them very seriously. The yoyo's seem to move all over the tank without anyone getting too upset. They go in and out of the caves at times, and at other times, they school loosely for brief periods or follow some of the other fish around. They do have occasional sparring matches amongst themselves, but no more than the clowns do. They don't seem to be terribly shy because they're out front alot, and generally speaking they seem to be rather carefree at this point. I'm like Nancy, I don't know if we're just lucky or what. Or if it's because they're still quite young.
Thank you all for helping me try to sort this out. I guess I'll need to just keep an eye on them for awhile before I make any moves.
Cid

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read N