Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

a sand bank for my kuhlis?

Posted By: Breann <WhiteMajick@juno.com>
Date: Friday, 15 January 1999, at 5:00 p.m.

I started my tank with a black kuhli loach in it. I didn't even know what it was at first, but I found out and I'm finding out alot about them. I found out that they rather being in groups... so I went to a nieghborhood PetSmart and bought 3 more. Now my sweet babies are digging in my heavy gravel..(there's not enough room for them all under Spazmoid's rock)and although my gravel is smooth and round, it just doesn't seem comfortable... Because of my other fish.. I don't feel right about overhauling my tank and replacing all my gravel with sand... would it be alright to just pour a little "beach" of white aquarium sand in the corner for my kuhlis to play in? I'm sure they would like that more than the big old rocks... Also... they will periodically go under my big sandstone rock... I'm afraid if there is an earthquake.. the rock will shift and crush thier little bodies!! should I replace it with a smaller rock??
Anyways, I dont really know where to start as far as making them more comfortable goes...

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.