Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

not shure of ID on loach

Posted By: Thad <Thadman1@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 17 January 1999, at 2:03 a.m.

In my infinite non-knowledge I am currently pondering my new loaches. I don't really know how to word what I am about to say but here it goes anyways. I have some loaches that I beleive to be B. Histrionica, but on further research of this truely wonderful web site, have found that they may infact be B. superciliaris, and on this matter I am deeply confused. The loaches have 5-6 brown verticle bands and one horizontal band in the middle of the top of their head. Which is what led me to think that they were infact B. superciliaris. However, (here's where it gets interesting) the loaches also have two black spots, one on top and one on the bottom of their tale fin. wich would contradict the B. superciliaris theory (as B. superciliaris have four brown spots, two on top and two on the bottom of their tal