Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Black stains on Clown Loaches.

Posted By: Ariel
Date: Sunday, 12 April 1998, at 2:37 p.m.

I have seven Clown Loaches of about 3 1/2 inches long. They act very normal and seem to be healthy and happy. Nevertheless, since a couple of months ago, I have noted that a couple of them have some weird looking small black stains on the yellow part of their bodies. If it was an external parasite of some sort, they would be scrathing against the gravel or something. Also, if it was a parasite, something would have happened to them by now. Could anyone out there reply informing me if this is normal; I would be very garteful. Please take note that I asked this same questions on another forum and only received one response from a guy who said that it was normal for Clown Loaches to have black stripes, but, of course, I am not talking about the stripes...

Regards, Ariel.

PS: I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but these loaches are kept together with Discus, so they are co