Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Need Help Getting A Clean Tank

Posted By: Frank Walker <Ratfish@pacbell.net>
Date: Friday, 17 April 1998, at 8:01 p.m.

If anyone can give me some advice on which scavengers or snails, or any kind of creature that I can put in my tank to further the cleanliness, please tell me. I have a pretty weak filter, and it is not cleaning the tank as I would like it to. The problem with the scavengers is that they too create waste, so if someone knows about one that retains most of its food, hehe, then I would like to know about it. Also, if someone knows if those real small guppie-like goldfish contaminate the tank. I keep them in there because my catfish eats them occasionally, but not very often. The guy at the place said that they release chemicals, and make the tank dirty, but I don't trust him. Thanks for the help.

M